jinty loco

a10driver

hi has aneyone built a connoisseur,s jinty kit

it will be my first 7mm build

i have built a oo white metal kit but it was a long time ago

i am just starting up again in o gauge .

it look,s big after oo

cheers a10

Not a Jinty, but I have built Jim's J50, his N7 and several of his wagons. IMO his Connoisseur range are very good. The kits are well designed, all the parts fit and the resulting models are accurate (how I wish this were true of other kits I have built). I have found Jim to be very helpful with advice and support. Best of luck with your build!

Chaz

PS - working with etched brass is much nicer than white metal.... :devil:

• RMweb Gold

The best advice I can offer is to take your time and keep checking every thing is square. I don't know what tools you have and what sort of budget you have but if you plan to build a lot from etched brass I find the hold and fold very useful, not essential as there are other methods, but more convenient. When I was editor of the Gazette Dave Murdoch did a couple of articles on building etched kits. If you are a guild member (recommended) you can look them up in the Gazette Archive.

Don

I built Jim's Jinty a few years back now as my third etched loco kit and do not recall having any problems. I started with his 0-4-0 starter kit and then built a Pannier from Modeller's World.

I have since also built Connoisseur's 4F and again had no problems with it. As previously mentioned Connoisseur's kits seem very good.

Alan.

hi has aneyone built a connoisseur,s jinty kit

it will be my first 7mm build

i have built a oo white metal kit but it was a long time ago

i am just starting up again in o gauge .

it look,s big after oo

cheers a10

Welcome to the senior scale, you will find the larger parts a joy to work with after OO.

There are plenty of us 7mm chaps on here who will help you if and when you need it, so I look forward to any updates you post up on here.

ATB,

Martyn.

• 2 weeks later...

I built one of Jim's Jinty kits recently. I'm farly new to O gauge and this was only the second O gauge loco I'd ever built. It was a joy to make, everything was easy to follow and went together without a hitch. I highly recommend this kit and I'm sure you'll enjoy it and produce a damn good model to be proud of. Enjoy.

Regards

Alan

• 2 months later...

Archived