changing sound up or down on dcc decoder

rafregt1

can some one help me with this i use a elite contriler and a couple of my loco,s have either loud or low sound , and i want to change them so that the sound is better.but i dont,no how to do it can someone tell me how to do it ,many thank,s

You will need to read the Elite manual to find out how to read and adjust CVs. I used to have an Elite but cannot remember the instructions. You will then need to know which decoder the locos have in them. Assuming them to be Loksound decoders, the CV you need to set is CV63 which sets the maximum volume. Read the CV first and note down its setting; the default for a Loksound version 3.5 is 64. You can set the value at anything from 0 to 64 - setting it to 32 would be half volume.

If the decoders are not Loksound, the relevant CV may be different - others will know better than I. Be careful about changing a CV unless you know what its function is.

You will need to read the Elite manual to find out how to read and adjust CVs. I used to have an Elite but cannot remember the instructions. You will then need to know which decoder the locos have in them. Assuming them to be Loksound decoders, the CV you need to set is CV63 which sets the maximum volume. Read the CV first and note down its setting; the default for a Loksound version 3.5 is 64. You can set the value at anything from 0 to 64 - setting it to 32 would be half volume.

If the decoders are not Loksound, the relevant CV may be different - others will know better than I. Be careful about changing a CV unless you know what its function is.

hi this is tom many thanks for answer i wll try this

Archived