Modern Image Ideas Please...

The title sums it up really.

I've got a piece of old MDF floor-board which a friend has asked me to make a layout out of. It measures 32'' by 8''. I know, its tiny - I told him that, but at least it'll be a quick and hopefully satisfying project. The whole of the floor-board is going to be scenic and I want to feature something a bit out of the ordinary on it. It has to be modern image as I only have a few locos from my old steam fleet left. I was thinking maybe a ballast loading facility with trucks arriving to be filled and then taken away to deliver ballast to parts of the railway network under construction (in my imagination). I'd like to hear alternative ideas..

The unnamed friend said he'd gimme a tenner if I produced an interesting result.

post-14666-0-78203700-1349620357_thumb.jpg

Criticism towards me related to why I accepted this stupid challenge is welcome,

I'm poor and I need the money,

Thanks,

Andy.

Nothing wrong with accepting a challenge, I'd have asked for more than a tenner though!

If you have to use the point make sure you leave at least enough space behind it for at least a shunter and a wagon or you won't be able to do much with it!

If you use the crossover you could add visual interest but not much operational interest. Wagon loading is a good idea, I like the idea of scrap yards for small layouts

Richard

Also noticed the point looks to be large radius, not the same as the cross over

Thanks for the ideas. I just threw some spare pieces of track on the board for the photo. Probably won't be using a large radius point anyway - would take up too much space. I forgot to mention that the fiddle yard will be a separate board, so the point can be wherever.

Thanks again for the feedback, especially the scrapyard idea,

Andy.

Archived