Blog- Doveston Works - E-Z Command

RSS Fetcher

And now onto the EZ Command/Hell.

I got it today with a number of Hornby Decoders and installed the system exactly as it said to in the Instructions on a separtate line using track from the set. Placed My class 25 on it for a quick test run to see if it all works which it did to my relief even if i was making more noise than I expected........

As the 25 was my only DCC fitted engine, I decided to try one of my many 0-4-0 Club member models on the DC mode. No response from either the solo controller using loco address 10 or on the added DC controller. I tried to fit a Decoder to my newer Bullied, Torrington. A large amount of smoke appeared from the decoder and then nothing. Tried another, same effect. Tryied another Decoder in a different engine (my Grange, Hardwick), no smoke but no response either. I then tried all three on my incredibly reliable Class 50 and well, nothing. I'm taking it back to Gaugemaster Hobbies tomorrow to get it looked at as I've been waiting close to 4 years for this and when I get it, it's broken.

Any Ideas as I can't start my next stage of work till it is sorted :S

A very annoyed Jon

View the full article

Archived