Southern - the neglected railway

Tim Hale

Tim;

And before an accusation is made of anti-LNER bias, it should be remembered that it was the comment of an LNER follower that prompted this list, this is merely a rebuttal to his comment.

Tim

Tim - not sure how you can state that when I was the only one previously who took you up on your previous comments. Unless there's some other loud mouthed LNER fanatic on here other than me, I'm not sure how you can say so outrageously that your thread wasn't in direct response to my rebuttal to your original "just another LNER engine" comment!

Your passive aggressive tone and form of "debate" has rather too much bile in it for my liking; I'll let myself out, but point out that you've done exactly this:

The thread was designed to indicate that the Southern railway has been relatively neglected by manufacturers, both in the past and remain the 'Cinderella' within the model railway community. Unfortunately it seems that every attempt to show the inequality of the situation receives that same response, to the shame of this forum, I cannot recall the complaints of others being treated in this manner.

It seems that the inequality of models is matched by the inequality of attitude shown to those on the thread who have merely asked for more.

In short, I am ashamed by the attitude of those who would deny fair treatment to those who follow the Southern and thank those who can see beyond the partisan bile.

In your original response and to Bon Accord here. The hypocrisy is amazing. Particularly when it was a throwaway "them and us" style comment which led others to point out the flaw in your original point.

I will however make my original point clear; the Southern Region models which reigned in the changes to super detail models over the last decade and a bit, were more numerous in number than for any other region at one point when we apply the standards we have today. From Hornby's newly tooled Bulleids to the emergence of the recent Beattie Well Tank, the top of the range models from which to build a Southern Region layout outstripped every other region - yes, including the oft derided LMS and LNER in this thread.

You seem to have taken my point as to how many models are available when my original point was about standards of detail and the numeracy of said top of the range models available to each region.

Now please stop muddying the waters.

Just knew this morning before I went out that this thread would be reported and it has. Three people including the op have reported it. Just seems to be that some people cannot discuss and think that the word discuss actually means argue.

So to save any more arguments from whatever angle certain people want to look at it from this can be locked.

Once more we have lost what could be an interesting thread (to some) because of the inability to take any comments as informed discussion and treat them as personal attacks.

PS Before anyone starts it should be deleted and not locked argument yet again it has been locked and left visible to show others why it is no longer open for comment. That way perhaps maybe it may just serve as notice that threads started by some will always end up in argument and perhaps are best avoided.

Archived