Pre cut 4mm copper clad sleepers

I was recently given a slack handful of 3.3mm wide OO copper clad sleepers with the central copper already removed and the sleeper cut to length. I have no idea where the lad got these from. Any ideas???

Dale.

You can get cut sleepers from Marcway, although I have yet to see some with the central copper removed. Let's hope someone else comes up with the answer. 3.3mm sleepers are for plain track, so I guess there is limited demand as you can buy flexible track from both SMP (Marcway) and C & L.

• RMweb Premium

You can get cut sleepers from Marcway, although I have yet to see some with the central copper removed. Let's hope someone else comes up with the answer. 3.3mm sleepers are for plain track, so I guess there is limited demand as you can buy flexible track from both SMP (Marcway) and C & L.

Yes, I've just ordered 18' worth of 4mm wide Marcway PCB sleepers. It's ok Gordon, I'm not round to building turnouts - not quite yet... The sleepers are to fill "gaps" in between Marcway turnouts.

Jeff

A Cwmbrân based company, PSM or Precision Scale Models, used to make gapped copper-clad sleepers, but that was many years ago. I'm told that the gaps were milled out. It's a pity that they've disappeared from the market place as it saved a fair bit of time in gapping and then hiding the gap if it's done too enthusiastically. I've found though by 'feathering' the gap, using small gringing wheel in a hand-held drill makes it easier to hide the gap.

Rod

Archived