Platform surfaces

sn

• 3 weeks later...

Chris do you think das would work same way if I tried it on my ratio platform?

Chris I'm so impressed with your platform I'm thinking of trying this technique on my ratio platforms as like the shape of them but not happy with the finish been trying different ways to paint but never seen the das clay method think this maybe a good idea?

Guess I would have to cover whole platform though? As the edging stones will look too low?

Can I ask you chris what paints you use which grey which beige? Sorry but have no idea new to this and want to get best effects I can for my platform.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up this thread, the das clay surface is superb and just what I have been looking for, however could not see mention of the platform side brickwork, could you tell me where/ how this was acheived?

Many thanks

Ivan

In my local Chinese shop (which is more or less the Spanish equivalent of a Pound shop) I found sheets of flexible "rubbery" plastic foam about 2mm thick. (It's popular for use in schools here). It comes in a range of colours, including black or a neutral mid-grey, and it can be scribed very easily with a craft knife and cut with scissors. It can be weathered with acrylics or weathering powder, but sparingly- it seems to soak up the powder. The surface is matt and very very slightly rough- ideal for roadways, platform surfaces or concrete paving (I work in 2mm and 4mm scales, and it's good for both), and it comes in sheets about 50 x 60 cm- I'm even going to try it for stonework. Sorry I don't know what it's actually called, but try looking in art or hobby shops for it. Mine was very cheap (80 eurocents a sheet- about 60p). At the moment I'm still experimenting- if I get any good photos I'll try and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived