Tadcaster (York Road)

ex-conductor

About a week ago I introduced myself on the 'new members' page, with a short explanation of what I am trying to do.

I've been working on the layout just over 2 years - it's a slow process, but it's coming together.

My vision, as it were, is based on a distortion of that lovely bit of double main line south of York, heading towards Church Fenton, and assumes that instead of pursuing its present course, it veered slightly further west to the south-eastern fringe of the prosperous brewery town of Tadcaster (whose original station was situated on the Wetherby branch). A branch will veer off north-westerly towards Wetherby and Harrogate, thence turning east and back to York (allowing a 'circular' local service to run).

I'm trying to follow a finescale agenda, C&L p-way, with Peco code75 for the storage sidings and hidden bits (more for speed of progress than anything else). Most of my stock has had F/S wheels put in.

I'm using DCC (gaugemaster) control tackle, but chipping 28 locos is an expense!!

As I said in my introductory piece, I'm not trying to get a quart in a pint pot - the layout has one scenic 'countryside' side (4 plain running lines), the opposite side has a small junction station which has more than a passing resemblance to Ulleskelf or Bolton Percy or Copmanthorpe, all of which looked very similar in form. My storage sidings are down the centre of the room, accessed by a 'slips and scissors' hidden junction at one end.

I'll try and set up some photos and maybe a plan before too long.

Archived