Crosti 9F 92023 - Early or late logo in 1958?

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

hope someone out there has a photo of '23 that I haven't come across. I want to model it in 1958 condition as this pic:

http://www.phantasrail.co.uk/Gold/Gold0011t.JPG

BUT, as is usual for the RHS of a Crosti it is so filthy you can't see the tender logo. None of my reference books give details of livery changes and dates, so - anyone got any info?

My best guess is early logo as the only one I have confirmed as having late logo going into rebuild is 92021 but I'd really like to be sure

cheers

Ian

Surely, if you want to model it in that condition, it doesn't matter what is under the grot.

In the Irwell book there is a picture of '22 with the early crest. That was recorded as into traffic only two days before '23 although '23 apparently went straigh to Rugby Testing Station. The same picture as referenced above is in the book but credited to Peter Groom.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Steve,

nothing conclusive then :lol:

I suppose the information you have could suggest a late crest as 21 (I have pics too of 21 with late crest in store) although I could get away with either if the assumption is September '58 as Summat is supposed to be "late summer" '58!

what fun :)

Archived