Holts Model Railway Shop

D605Eagle

I bought a bluepullman off this shop which I pre ordered in March this year. The reason I went there was because it was advertised at £249.51 Yesterday morning I got a phone call from Holt, but I just gone to sleep after a bad nightshift and I wasn't with it. I now find out that the model cost me £268.95. In the last few days the price advertised has changed from £268.95 on Wednesday to £229.95 on Thursday to £284.96 today (and now advertised as instock). I've no idea what the law is over quoted pre order prices, but it seems a bit wrong to me to advertise at a low price to get orders, and then put the price up. Hattons have always charged me the quoted price when I have pre order.

• RMweb Gold

My view - if you paid by credit card and you have a record of the agreed price when the authority was taken (i.e. when you ordered it) I believe that you can insist on a refund of the difference. If they refuse, refer it to your credit card provider. The retailers have charged a different amount to your card than that which you authorised and therefore they are in the wrong.

yes but did you give a card authority when they took the order, that's my point.

Yes, I'm not argueing with you at all Colin, I just think its a bit on the shady side to advertise at a price that cannot be honored. If I'd been more than 1/2 awake I would have said no and taken my business elsewhere.

Archived