V TRAINS CLASS 37 DCC SOUND

cornishmick

It's been a while since I've done one, but ISTR that the std 23mm dia speaker and baffle box can easily be fitted to the top of the bogie tower with a sticky pad so it's facing up to the fan opening. There isn't much room for much else without some ''chopping'' though. HTH, Kev.

Hi can anyone help with some information i want to fit a southwest digital locsound 8pin sound decoder into a v trains class 37 is there much room for the speaker and where do i put it to? would like some help please?

Thanks Mike

Mike,

Plenty of room for a couple of speakers inboard, no space in the tanks.

Download this article, it shows how to fit them and gives dimensions for the enclosures: http://www.zimo.at/web2010/aboutus/HornbyMagazine45Mar2011.pdf

Paul

Mike,

Plenty of room for a couple of speakers inboard, no space in the tanks.

Download this article, it shows how to fit them and gives dimensions for the enclosures: http://www.zimo.at/w...ne45Mar2011.pdf

Paul

Hi thanks Paul thats has really helped do you know if theres anything like that for a Hornby Railroad Black 5 i already have it running as dcc but would like to put sound into that aswell

Thanks again

Mike

Hi thanks Paul thats has really helped do you know if theres anything like that for a Hornby Railroad Black 5 i already have it running as dcc but would like to put sound into that aswell

Thanks again

Mike

Mike,

Not one by me, I'm afraid.

But I have created a great Zimo sound file for the Black 5 with a variety of Stanier Hooter sounds. Buy from Digitrains as usual and save £25 over other decoders.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to put the same Bachmann deltailed cab in my ViTrains Class 37. Since the rear wall is behind the driver doors, decreases the space for the speakers. So I replace the original board by ESU 51968 accessory and used a 21 pin Loksound 4.0 decoder. Thus it was possible to put two bass reflex speakers on top of each drive shaft. One 14x36mm bellow the fan and one 58x22mm on the other side. It was necessary to make some holes in the bottom of the chassis to improve the sound outlet. It's an installation more laborious. But greatly improves the appearance of the locomotive.

Vitrains 37414

Archived