Ground Position Light signal type

• RMweb Premium

Could I ask please what type of GPL might be appropriate for a post 1960's to present day ex GE area layout? I am modelling in N/2mm and the only working ones I can seem to find are those by Berko that appear to be an early type, or dummy ones from N-Brass of the more current versions.

I am not particularly bothered whether they work or not at the present, but I would like to fit the correct type for the period covered.

thanks,

Izzy

That is the type you want, there were minor differences between different makers that would be pretty invisible in 2mm scale, And for most of your time period the new type with 2 reds had not been introduced, these have only become widespread in the last few years.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

CR Signals do one:

http://www.crsignals...ils.aspx?id=318

Is this more what you were after? I don't know anything about GE area signals, I'm afraid.

Ah, yes, thanks. When I last checked these were unavailable with no image so I thought that perhaps they had been discontinued due to size problems with available LEDS. They do look like the type that I thought I would need to use.

That is the type you want, there were minor differences between different makers that would be pretty invisible in 2mm scale, And for most of your time period the new type with 2 reds had not been introduced, these have only become widespread in the last few years.

Keith

I thought that might be the case but felt I aught to check, so thank you for confirming it.

Izzy

Archived