Atso-Cad Models - Announcement

Atso

The last few months have seen a drastic change in my personal circumstances which have resulted in my having to prioritise life in areas other than the development on this business.

It is my hope that Atso-Cad Models will continue to develop new models and bring out further batches of the highly popular pigeon van in the new year. However this is not possible at the moment.

At present I do not have access to the website so I am unable to update the site until further notice.

I apologise for the continuing delays and ask that anyone wishing to obtain the pigeon van to be patient until I am able to get into a position to recommence production. Believe me no one is more frustrated than I at the moment.

However, I am keen to see that Atso-Cad Models continues in some form so I have made the bogie brick wagon and K3 body kit available as 3D prints via Shapeways. This will allow me to continue trading in the short term while still being able to focus my attention on more pressing matters. My shop can be found here: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Atso-CadModels There are several useful topics on the CAD and 3D Printing part of the forum which will provide useful tips on how to get the best out of a 3D print.

Unfortunately I cannot offer the pigeon van as a 3D print as I've already invested money into the tooling for an additional cast batch.

Please note that should you find any problems with the quality of any 3D prints this should be taken up with Shapeways customer services.

Thank you to everyone for their support to date and I hope that 2013 proves to be more productive than 2012...

Following a free couple of hours yesterday I am happy to announce that I now offer the following N gauge models via the Shapeways shop:

- LNER K3 and tender body shell

- LNER L1 body shell

- LNER Bogie brick wagon kit

- LNER N2 body shell

- LNER group standard tender body (for use with the Farish V2).

This can be found at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Atso-CadModels

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the kind words. Discussing the problem of the chassis with a colleague he suggests than a Fleischmann 4-6-4 tank engine could be adapted for this. Although it would still leave the problem of shortening the valve gear and adding a front pony truck...

If not might the Farish 3MT with a bogie replacing the rear pony truck work?

Yes, the Kato or Micro Ace (if you can afford one!) might make a good starting point for a chassis. IIRC though the motor is somewhat wide and might not be suitable to fit inside the L1 body - although I'm sure a Farish flat can motor could be put in its place.

Chris, sorry to hear about your browser issues. The K3 has made an appearance on other parts of the forum in the past but below are a selection of photos (where I have them) and renderings.

post-943-0-11185200-1355439835_thumb.jpg

LNER K3. Shown painted, lined and mounted on a modified V2 chassis (re-wheeled and lowered).

post-943-0-84275100-1355439886.jpeg

LNER L1. Custom chassis built by N-Stars, painting and lining by Richard Dockerill.

post-943-0-41131700-1355440041_thumb.jpg

LNER bogie brick wagon. Part painted and fitted with Farish couplings and wheels.

post-943-0-34828400-1355440137.jpg

LNER N2. Scale model, sorry no picture of a physical model yet as I'm in the process of cleaning it up and painting it. This is not designed for a specific chassis but is doubtful to fit a Farish Prairie tank chassis as the boiler is to scale height. I'm currently investigating the possibility of using a modified Farish 3MT chassis to complete this model.

post-943-0-78918800-1355440324_thumb.jpg

LNER straight sided group standard tender. Designed to fit the Farish V2 tender chassis - please note that this model would not suit the tender drive LNER tenders as I've modelled the coal space!

I hope this helps you and any one else experiencing problems viewing the photographs on the Shapeways site.

Archived