Bachmann Class 37 fuel tank switch problems!?!

richard60098

Hi all,

I'm doing another bass reflex speaker fitment in the latest Bachmann class 37 fuel tank and after removing the switches from inside the tank and re-soldering them together as they were its just not working as it should well the lights anyway!

Now i've done this before and soldered the two orange wires to the blue from there side and same again with the two yellow wires to there blue wire, now this worked fine last time but now its not doing atall! I'm geting all lights on at once including cab lights or mis match lights coming on in wrong directions depending how i'm trying to put the wires together now? Tryed a few different ways and even soldered the wires back to the switch board but loose on top of the chassis so i can mess with it with still no joy? I'm geting all whites at one end now with it soldered up the way it should be but thats no good atall its the none fan end if that helps and there atleast coming on in the right direction.

Does anyone have any info for me or pics so i can do this right with working nose lights as i'm totally lost here and its stressed me out to no end!

Please help :no:

Best Regards

Rich.

Hi Rich. From my fitting guide in the DCC sounds forum here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34482-bass-reflex-speakers-now-updated/

''If yours is the latest chassis type that had the switches disconnected you will find that the tail lights and cab lights no longer work. If you wish to reconnect them, connect contacts 1&2 together for the tail lights at the no 2 end. 3&4 together for the tail lights at the no 1 end, and 5&6 together for the cab lights.''

No's are those on the chassis PCB. HTH, Kev.

Hi Rich. From my fitting guide in the DCC sounds forum here - http://www.rmweb.co....rs-now-updated/

''If yours is the latest chassis type that had the switches disconnected you will find that the tail lights and cab lights no longer work. If you wish to reconnect them, connect contacts 1&2 together for the tail lights at the no 2 end. 3&4 together for the tail lights at the no 1 end, and 5&6 together for the cab lights.''

No's are those on the chassis PCB. HTH, Kev.

Morning Kev,

Many thanks for your reply and help, i've read thru your excellent link and done as you've said thou not bothered with the cab lights as don't need them and its working in one direction only with reds at the rear and whites at the front but no whites or reds in the other direction? Its the none fan end end no 2? Which is working so any ideas on how to get the driver and fan end working with whites chap?

Kind Regards

Rich.

Hi Rich, it sounds like it may be a dodgy connection somewhere, as the white lights are not connected via the switches and are controlled along with the opposite reds via diodes on the PCB. The common return path seems to be working if you have some lights at both ends. HTH. Kev.

Archived