Old Hornby Bogies

JERRY

Hello, everyone at RMweb and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all when it comes. I couple of very old, but very highly detailed and weathered Hornby Class 25 locos. However, the performance is not to be compared with today's products. Can anyone advise on easily-changeable power units for these locos ?

Hello, everyone at RMweb and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all when it comes. I couple of very old, but very highly detailed and weathered Hornby Class 25 locos. However, the performance is not to be compared with today's products. Can anyone advise on easily-changeable power units for these locos ?

Go for a cheap Bachmann 25- Hattons sometimes have them split from sets for about the same amount you'd pay for a single power bogie.

Go for a cheap Bachmann 25- Hattons sometimes have them split from sets for about the same amount you'd pay for a single power bogie.

Hmmmm, not sure about that - you should be able to pick up a Hornby power bogie for ??15-??20, haven't seen Bachmann 25's for that in Hattons...!

Admittedly the Bachmann is a better machine overall - I have both Hornby and Bachmann 25's...

If you want to keep the Hornby original though, the spares are available...this might help to identify part numbers -

http://static.Hornby.com/files/ss-266b-239.pdfe

The motor slots into the plastic bogie easily, and is the same motor used in the Inter-City 125 models...

Archived