Lincoln & District Modelrailway club

arff999

This years show will take place at washingborough comunity centre, Fen Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire,

LN4 1AB

On the 1st and 2nd JUNE 2013

Layouts and trade plus demo`s

More news to follow as soon as layouts and trade are confirmed.

JOHN

• 2 months later...

MORE NEWS ON THIS EVENT

The event will take place at washingborough comunity centre, Fen Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire,
LN4 1A
B
( on the B1190, east side of the village on

SATURDAY 1st JUNE 2013  10am - 5m

SUNDAY 2nd JUNE 2013 10am - 4pm

Adults £3.00 Children under 16 £2.00

Familiy ticket  ( 2adults + 2 children ) £8.00

Refreshments and free parking

Layouts confirmed

Stamford West         N  Guage)R Boden)

Aisthorpe                  O Gauge (LDMRC)

Middle Muddleton   00 Gauge (LDMRC)

Lincoln Central       00 Gauge DCC (J Whiteside)

Saxby                     00 Guage (Cleethorpes MRC)

Mythlom                   N Gauge (G Buttler)

Cottleston                O Gauge (B Adlington)

Armathwaite            N Gauge (H Staniforth)

Summat Collery      00 Gauge I Mellors)

TRADERS ATTENDING

Castor Loco 

DEMU

Hope to see you there

JOHN

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all.

I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours or so at the Lincoln Show this morning, so I just wanted to record my thanks to all concerned.  I thought you succeeded in creating a really friendly, welcoming and relaxed environment.  The layouts were all to a high standard and it was nice to be able to have room to just stand and admire the modelling without being jostled or crushed!  I also enjoyed the chance to talk with a few of the operators, all of whom were very friendly and more than willing to pass on their expertise. 

My only observation, for what it is worth, is that a little more signage on the route to the hall might perhaps have been helpful to non-Lincoln residents.  I had recce'd the site beforehand on the internet, so knew pretty much where I was going, but not everybody is able to do the same.  Admittedly, when so many people have SatNavs the signs might be redundant, but I am still always relieved to see a couple of signs, if only to reassure me that 'B*tchin' Betty' does actually know where she is taking me after all!  However, a very small point in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you all for a very enjoyable morning - just what I needed!  I hope you all have a good day again tomorrow.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for your comments glad you had a enjoyable visit not sure or not if we spoke, but I spoke to lots of people and had a really good time,  

as for the signage issues I will pass the comments on to the powers that be at the wash up meeting next week.

As for  'B*tchin' Betty' leave her at home she's probably not interested in model railways any way.

Once again thanks for your support in visiting.

JOHN

Looks like a trip up the A1 tomorrow afternoon might be in order....

Make sure you get here in time then as we shut the doors at 4pm and the weather forecast is scorchio! :sungum:  See you tomorrow and make sure to come along and say hello on the Lincoln layout :imsohappy:

Thank's for the chat that i had with both John and Mark it was full of things that have helped me re-think one or two things on talking with my mum on the way back to Lincoln on the bus and down to her house, and thanks to John for letting go round the side and letting me have a look at the fiddle yard and the control pannel, and as I said in the chats to both yourself and Mark I will be putting the plans up on here in the next couple of weeks or maybe thinking about it in the next couple of days so watch this space.

Thanks again to John and Mark good talking to you both

From Adam

Super show!

Venue was excellent - access (from the South at least), parking and catering all good and layout content was first class. A good spread of scales and interests, all extremely high standard and with something unique to offer in their own way.

Looking forward to next year to see how far Lincoln Central can progress one year on.

Enjoyable show, with the venue being a big improvement over the museum IMHO. Even as a work in progress Lincoln Central was impressive and like others have said I look forward to seeing it develop. A good standard of layouts across the board and a simple but informative programme included in the ticket price, so well done and thanks to all concerned :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Adam,

We are having a bigger event in February next (2015) it will be at the Lincoln showground old exhibition hall.

The dates are Sat Feb 28th and Sun March 1st.

We will be having at least 25 layouts and about 20 traders, still waiting for confirmation from most, though it's early yet.

Alan

Archived