Free exhibition, 15 December, Trowbridge, Wiltshire

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

The Gas Cupboard model shop is moving to new premises just around the corner from the old shop. The new shop will open this Saturday, 8th December with the grande opening and free exhibition the following Saturday, the 15th. Attending are some top layouts by local modellers including;

Tucking Mill, fresh from its debut at Warley.

A first outing for Seend in OO by Steve Jones, a regular contributor to Model Rail and BRM.

Grahame Hedges beautiful Hedges Hill cutting exhibited by members of the Bentley club.

Haul-Y-Bryn, Eddie Fields delightful study in 009 which attracted much favourable attention at this years Swift and Delightful show

plus at least two more layouts including a display by the West Wilts O gauge group

Entry and mince pies are free with voluntary contributions in aid of the Royal British Legion.

Come along and say hello, full details at http://www.gascupboard.co.uk/

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just getting Tucking Mill ready to take from the workshop to the Gascupboard, pleased to see its horizontal rain outside!

Tony, our tame local Bachman rep, will be around in the morning to answer your questions and dish out some goody bags.

Jerry

Well it was a good day out, apart from the atrocious traffic queues in Trowbridge, and the ambiguous parking - where all the machines were covered, but no indication of why.

Some pictures may follow.

• RMweb Gold

Well it was a good day out, apart from the atrocious traffic queues in Trowbridge, and the ambiguous parking - where all the machines were covered, but no indication of why.

Some pictures may follow.

Good to see you on Saturday. You're not alone in noticing the 'charms' of the Trowbridge one-way system!

see

Jerry

Good vid!

It's odd. I worked at Wilts CC Highways Department in the 80s. At that time it had a huge budget, but not much to spend it on. So a lot of small places like Chippenham etc got bypasses, even though the traffic didn't (then) justify it. Of course, traffic expands to fill the roadspace available.

It took me longer to get into Trowbridge on Saturday than get out of Bristol. Normally takes 20 minutes to get out of Bristol!

I did note that the shop wasn't far from the station.

We have now found out that the council decided to make it a free parking day. BUT they dont seem to have told anybody, as you say, they just covered up the machines and didnt put any notices on them. I was told that quite a few people hadnt parked there because they were unsure.

Archived