Hornby Class 60 lights not changing direction

dasatcopthorne

Hi Guys.

I have the above loco and the lighting has always been a bit 'weird'. Sometimes swapping ends and sometime not.

It have now settled into the following situation.

On DC it has white lights only and they swap ends with change in direction. The reds sometimes work but more often than not they don't. On reversing the controller the reds will flicker but do not stay on.

On DCC (Loksound ESU V4 Sound) they are on constantly, red one end and white the other but don't change when the controller is reversed. Nor can I control the lights at all, ie switch them on and off.

I have tried the DCC sound chip in another class 60 and that works fine and I have tried a Hornby Saphire in the 60 and this behaves the same at the Loksound.

The only diff I can see between the locos is that the circuit board on the problem loco has 'LT-2' as part of the version number and the OK loco has 'LT-1'.

The leads from board to LEDs look to be the same on both locos.

Anyone got any idea at all what might be the problem please?

Dave

Is this an 8 pin DCC loco? If so it is possible the chip in plugged in the wrong way round. This could result in the lights coming on and then not working correctly.

If it is like the 31 there are copper contacts for the lights on the body to chassis and if these are not aligned properly or in proper contact then the lights do not function.

Archived