Class 121 & Replica Chassis. Airfix B set upgrade

Hi Jim bob, welcome to the forum.Think that will help Piskey perfectly.   Don't forget to post pictures of your work guys, feel free to post here. Mine have been satin varnished and interiors painted. Have cheeted and refitted original glazing. It isn't that bad, and I can't face the lazerglaze just yet. One for a rainy summer!

The Replica chassis is back with Godfrey for repair after it's tumble. You can't fault Replica's aftercare. Once back, reasemble, add driver and passangers, touch of weathering, sit back and compare with Dapols new release!!!

Thanks for the welcome,steveb860. I tend to work on several kits/upgrades at any one time, depending on how my mood takes me - sometimes hacking & cutting; soemtimes constructing, otherwise painting!

I know the question has been asked before, about interior GWR coach colours - so what have you used on you "B" set?

Hi Jim Bob,

not sure of exact colours, and not a lot is visible within the coach,so to suggest an interior,  I did partitions humbrol wood 110. 3rd class seats blue gloss 14, and first, gloss 20 maroon. I need to matt the seats down as they are rather shiney!!. I am like you, many projects on the go.

Firstly, the bogies should just pull off. They are held on by the usual soft plastic pivot/pegs but if they are too stubborn, you'll have to wait until you have completed separating the chassis from the coach roof/body (this is a one piece moulding).

You can separate the chassis from the body by using a strong thumbnail, or small screwdriver. The body is held in place by three clips per side; one in the middle and one at each end, just outside of the bogie pivots. The idea is to gently lever the bottom of the coach body outwards from the chassis to clear these clips and then gently ease it away.

Hope this helps.

It did indeed, thanks Jim Bob.  I've been a bit busy with a few other things and only found time to look at the B Set tonight - it came apart more easily than a Hornby Maunsell.

Now it's in pieces I have no excuse for not getting on with the job!

Thanks again,  Peter

Archived