Hornby Rebuilt West Country Crewkerne

mike1805

Hello Chaps,

Some advice is sought over my recent purchase of Hornby's R2997XS Rebuilt West Country with the on board sound.

I am exceptionally pleased with the model, and with the detail pack added, i think it looks superb.

The sound is, in my opinion one of the better factory fit steam models, but i find that the coasting and braking sounds activate just before the model comes to rest. When decreasing the throttle, the chuff sound just gets slower. I am sure there are CV's i can adjust to increase the threshold of the coasting sound, but the manual supplied doesn't suggest how to do this.

Can any one suggest how i can adjust the settings to produce the coasting sound earlier when reducing the throttle? The ESU website doesn't seem to list any UK sound projects on the v4 decoder, so i ave no idea what cv's need altering

Mike

Hi Mike,

Try increasing the inertia setting, CV4. I suggest a value around 25 as a starting point, go higher if you need to.

Kind regards,

Paul

...and while we're on this subject, can anybody help, please, regarding reducing the sound of the fireman shovelling? It sounds unrealistically louder than all the other sound effects!

Thanks Paul, ill give it a go and see if i can put an end to this Chuffing to a stop!

...and while we're on this subject, can anybody help, please, regarding reducing the sound of the fireman shovelling? It sounds unrealistically louder than all the other sound effects!

This one i do know! in the loksound manual with the model does give the CV for individual sound volumes, the master volume is CV63 and the coal shoveling sound is CV291 apparently.

Some time ago, Bryan of Howes posted (via another RMweb member) some modified CV settings for the Hornby Black 5 with sound to fix the coasting problem. If you can find those, they would probably work equally as well with the WC.

Thanks Paul, ill give it a go and see if i can put an end to this Chuffing to a stop!

This one i do know! in the loksound manual with the model does give the CV for individual sound volumes, the master volume is CV63 and the coal shoveling sound is CV291 apparently.

Thanks, Mike, I'll have to give it a go.

Archived