Nigel Stanley O gauge 37

one-eyed

I have a Nigel Stanley O gauge kit to build, however, there are no instructions.  Is anyone able to send or attach a copy of these instructions and if anyone has built one, are there any hidden snags that occur during construction.  Thank you in anticipation.  David

• 4 months later...

hi david, just seen this post so sorry for the late reply! Probably likely youve started to build it by now anyway!!!!

the instructions were pretty generic anyway for all the Nigel Stanley kits, but if you need a set, best thing to do is to contact peter Bessant of prmrp who brought the rights to Nigels kits and now markets them under this new name!

i've built three of them, and turn out into a decent model with careful assembly and reference to a prototype!

things that might cause a headache or two? .......

-getting the nose ends to 'look right', just take care when forming the rounded edges where they solder to the nose sides!

-rolling the top of the body / roof edge, the shell comes pre-rolled but just be careful to avoid creasing the corner while constructing the loco, there should only be nice rounded curves, its made of very thin brass sheet and is easy to crease!

-get a cab interior otherwise it will look very 'empty' in there!

good luck!

• 2 years later...

Spud, Better late than never, I have had a lot of trouble with learning how to use RMweb and have therefore not replied before. O/K, I have not started the kit yet, but sincerely thank you for the advice. I have a few other projects before the 37, so building is not imminent, but your advice has been noted.

Archived