another site for downloads

nigelb

I've had a look too, they are offered for free download [donations accepted] and appear very basic.

That said, there is a need [iMHO] for models like this, I can see a Dad helping a sprog to build their first card model together, or for an inexperienced modeller to gain confidence by building one or two of them.

For the more adventurous, some models are suitable to print out at a reduced scale perhaps, cut out and use as ultra-low [flat] relief on backscenes, together with a selection of old and new advertising posters.

You'll need a RAR extraction file to open them, I use  http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html  which seems to work very well, although caution is needed to avoid side-loading other 'helpful' stuff.

Doug

Hello,

Mike has been expanding his range with more items recently and these have more of the better bits (covering the open edges and stuff). Like most things there is a time and a place for everything and Mikes stuff has its place. Its all down to your skill and likes. I for one am very greatfull to Mike for his kits (and they are all free). If you think they are not good enough thats fine, but i am sure a lot will find them usefull even it it is only to fill a gap while you dream up some sort of masterpiece. Long live Wordsworth (as you can see i am a fan)

Regards.

PS someone who devotes a LOT of time to making models to give away for free has to be a star

Or you can use them as a base for adding and recovering, this started with the Heather small cottage with a couple of simple extensions, re-covered using scalescenes papers.

Yes, I forgot to suggest that. An awful lot of work goes into this sort of thing even before you start to consider the colours involved. Mr Wordsworth should be commended for his generosity. They make a sound basis for proportion etc for scratchbuilding. I'm not ashamed to say I used the proportions of John Wiffen's small station in my building.

Doug

I agree a lot of work goes into creating the models, I have experimented my self, and although I have the software and knowledge to do it I find I would rather spend the time doing something else.

The link below is to a pdf for a open air gents toilet that you could find at a station or on a platform, fairly simple to construct, if anybody wants it you are welcome to it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19535576/Toilet.pdf

I've had a look too, they are offered for free download [donations accepted] and appear very basic.

Doug

What do you expect, they are free.

There is a need for models like these, and the same applies to other downloadable kits. Its really a case of what you want from a model, and what you can do to that model to make it fit your setting. Some people are not as skilled as others and need a basic easy to construct kit to trial on, and to learn the skills required to build better models.

What do you expect, they are free.

There is a need for models like these, and the same applies to other downloadable kits. Its really a case of what you want from a model, and what you can do to that model to make it fit your setting. Some people are not as skilled as others and need a basic easy to construct kit to trial on, and to learn the skills required to build better models.

Hi Steve

And if you read Dougs post fully he was in no way talking about them in a negative fashion, in fact you seem to have quoted part of his post in your own reply... :no:

Hi Steve

And if you read Dougs post fully he was in no way talking about them in a negative fashion, in fact you seem to have quoted part of his post in your own reply... :no:

Hello campaman hope you are well. Will be touch soon.

Its suprising what can be started with a little tounge in cheek comment. It can create all sorts of discussions.

Archived