Maunsell L1

clarkeeboy56

Hi there, I'm a newby on here, though have been lurking in the backgound....I've posted this on the Hornby traders section, but thought I'd ask here too....

I'm attempting to re-build/detail a very old L1 (In fact the second loco I ever had - back in 1961!). Late departed father 'converted' the L1 into a 2P - long before Triang/Hornby ever attempted it! He built the cab and splashers up with wood and wood glue! I've spent the last week or so removing that, the moulded rails and pipes/westinghouse brake etc., Sadly the modified cab collapsed, so as part of the re-built I'm going to have to scratch build the cab! I've been sanding down the plastic - revealling a bright shade of LMS Crimson lake (I assume!) which the model wore in about 1967 (before I painted it black!) .

I'm now down to the bare green plastic!

Anyway , If anyone has scale drawing's of the L1, could I ask for a copy please? I'll quite happily pay any costs. 

Many thanks in advance!

Bill

Hi there, I'm a newby on here, though have been lurking in the backgound....I've posted this on the Hornby traders section, but thought I'd ask here too....

No, having multiple posts just leads to confusion.

Anyway , If anyone has scale drawing's of the L1, could I ask for a copy please? I'll quite happily pay any costs.

Please don't ask for something that might contravene forum copyright rules.

Archived