Main Page Header Load Problem

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Just thought I'd post to let you know I'm getting an error when seeing the main page on first log in. It shows up as a series of warnings at the top of the page as follows:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Cheers,

Ian

Not seen it at this end Ian but it looks like it would be related to another modification (installed yesterday) which should show a block on the r/h column of the index page showing updates to any topics you follow. Can you see the block and do you 'Follow' any topics?

Thanks,

• RMweb Premium

I can see the block for followed topics, underneath the block for classifieds.

Also I've just noticed that the Portal tab is now on the extreme left of the tabs, rather than the extreme right where it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick reply asking if any progress on this header issue? It's still coming up each time I log in (though it is only on the main forum page and doesn't occur on any other pages that I've looked at).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've noticed that the main page headers problem may relate to the Quick Navigation panel (the button that sits to the right of 'View New Content'). It seems to work on all pages except the 'Forums' tab page (the main one on logging into RMweb). On that page clicking on the QN button just causes the green box with white markers progress indicator in the centre top of the page to appear for a second or two and no QN panel appears (unlike on other pages).

• RMweb Premium

I've just logged in and the warnings have gone from the main page

Has something been fixed in the forum software?

Edit: Spoke too soon! Arrrgh! It's back. But, it does appear to relate to not having enough followed topics. I will do a bit of testing...

Edit: If I have five or more followed topics the warnings disappear. Four or less and the whole block of warnings comes up...

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just as a quick follow up, nearly three years later and I've just tried reducing the number of followed topics, and the bug where the lines appear at the top of the main page is still there.

OK, I could see the string of guff at the top this time:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/hooks/followedTopics_f058b2fb250e7a32703ecc2578b67f8f.php:54) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I'll look at the code for the hook that's causing that next week.

I've double-checked and there's no later version of the hook that's causing it. Disabling it cleared the problem on your login but it means, of course, that no-one can use it so I re-enabled it. Problem still arises.

Of course everyone could access the same from the My Followed Content link - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed inthe user dropdown but it's just more prominent on the Board Index.

• RMweb Premium

It goes away as long as there are at least six seven followed topics in the section on the main index page for 'followed topics'. I have reduced mine to five six to illustrate the problem, but will increase it to six seven to get rid of the code lines.

My main concern with anything like this is that it suggests there are bugs which someone might try and use to compromise a site - not perhaps a major issue with RMweb, but if Invision software is used for a more sensitive site then it would be more risky to have something like that hanging around.

Edit: I seem to be up to seven followed topics now to get rid of the lines, rather than six. I'm not quite sure why that's changed.

• 9 months later...

I still can't fathom why it creates the problem for you Ian but it's obviously arisen as I'd increased the number of topics shown in the panel from 7 to 12 following a request off-forum and there was the screen space available to do it at present.

Further investigation to see if the author of the modification had created any updates shows he seems to have gone AWOL. The only alternative is to turn it off (do you get the errors if you click on the X at the right of the Header for the 'My Followed Topics' panel?) and use the link from the 'Content I follow' dropdown found by clicking on your login name at the top right to http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

• RMweb Premium

That x hid the entire side panel, not just the followed topics, and still left the error lines at the top. I will add additional topics to see if I can see what twelve does, but that's starting to become unwieldy to look at and pushes the status updates somewhat lower on the page.

Archived