Cradley Heath Model Railway Club

Dukedog

Just thought I would add my local club to this section of the forum.

Cradley Heath MRC meets at the Community Centre, Reddal Hill Road, Cradley Heath, West Midlands.

The club is open at the following times....

Monday evening 19:30-22:00Hrs

Wednesday Afternoon and evening 14:00-21:30 (Note adult members only 14:00- 18:30)

Friday evening 19:30-22:00

We have about 30 members on the books at the moment and like most clubs there is a hardcore of about 12 who turn up on a regular basis.

The club owns several layouts.

Colorado Bluff is an H0 scale american steam/diesel roundy roundy and is our major exhibition layout at the moment (see it at Warley later this year!)

Stourford is a 00 Gauge GWR end to end layout with a fiddle yard at each end. This layout is currently under construction.

We also have a fixed 00 gauge layout which is used as a test track and keeps the junior members happy!

The club has also acquired a N gauge layout, donated by a new member this is also being worked on in the club room.

CHMRC are also holding their first exhibition at the same venue as the club room on October 19th 2013. Details in the exhibition section of RMWeb.

We are more than happy to see visitors (no appointment needed) and prospective new members so if you live in the "Black Country" we will be more than happy to see you at the club rooms.

There is NO joining fee, NO annual subscription. You pay on a "Pay as you play" basis. current fee is £3:00 per session including coffee/ tea & biscuits.

Hope the biscuits tempt you to pop in!

I'll post more club news here as and when.

Cheers

Frank

Contrary to some rumours circulating around  the Black Country, Cradley Heath Model Railway Club is NOT closing down, neither is the club in financial difficulty.
In fact, we intend to expand and get bigger,and have made enquiries about bigger premises.

We have our exhibition taking place this October and are looking for new members, so, If you live nearby call in for a chat and a coffee any club night.

Cheers!

Frank

Archived