Bachmann 'Levens Hall' - Is it an official release?

On ebay there is a Bachmann Modified Hall with box number 31-775A named 'Levens Hall' and numbered 6913. It is similar to 31-775 'Witherslack Hall' with Collett 4000 gallon tender and also has red-backed name and number plates.

I have several of all the Bachmann Modified Halls but have not seen this one before.

Is it a kosher Bachmann release? Any other information on its provenance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Bachmann-31775A-BR-BLACK-4-6-0-ex-GWR-MODIFIED-HALL-6913-LEVENS-HALL-/121052218571?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1c2f4644cb

• RMweb Gold

On ebay there is a Bachmann Modified Hall with box number 31-775A named 'Levens Hall' and numbered 6913. It is similar to 31-775 'Witherslack Hall' with Collett 4000 gallon tender and also has red-backed name and number plates. I have several of all the Bachmann Modified Halls but have not seen this one before. Is it a kosher Bachmann release? Any other information on its provenance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Bachmann-31775A-BR-BLACK-4-6-0-ex-GWR-MODIFIED-HALL-6913-LEVENS-HALL-/121052218571?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1c2f4644cb

Well if it really is a Bachmann official release it is also an incorrect Bachmann release as 6913 was, of course, not a 'Modified'  I wonder if it was some sort of special for a commission?

Not listed in my recent edition of Ramsey's British Model Trains and close examination of some of the photographs on e-Bay seems to show some evidence of the moulded black plastic front numberplate behind the red numberplate - but that could just be my eyes.

Hi!

The very useful list of past products in 00 on the Bachmann web page doesn't show 31-775A, so it looks as though this is an individual's renaming/renumbering job. Have you asked the seller? It's quite easy to do this on e-bay! If there are photos of the model, and the renaming/renumbering have been done well, would it matter by whom it was done?

Richard

Thinking about it some more, as it is definitely a 'Modified Hall' model (number range 6959 - 7929) but with a standard Hall cab number 6913 (range 4900-6958) it must be a bodged up 'Witherslack Hall'. The packaging is as for 'Witherslack Hall' 31-775 which was released in 1998. I was trying to find a reason to bid for it because there is not much available to buy at present but shall not bother now. Thank You gents.

Archived