RMweb

Fitting a decoder to Graham Farish Class 57

6029 King Stephen

I have recently returned to N Gauge/2mm and had planned to use a couple of Dapol steam locos but limited room to fit a decoder has put me off somewhat. Instead, I have decided to move the timescale forward and use more modern diesels instead. For my first purchase I am looking at the Graham Farish Class 57/0 or 57/6 loco in Freightliner livery. I already have a digitrax decoder and would like to know if this loco is likely to be DCC ready or require the decoder to be hard-wired? This then takes me to another question, is it relatively simple to hard-wire the decoder in this loco or do I require a digihat or is this just for steam locos?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Happy New Year!

Steve

For my first purchase I am looking at the Graham Farish Class 57/0 or 57/6 loco in Freightliner livery. I already have a digitrax decoder and would like to know if this loco is likely to be DCC ready or require the decoder to be hard-wired?

the class 57 isn't DDC ready, but DCC friendly where the loco is equipped with a position on the printed circuit board, to which a decoder may be soldered. personaly, i would go for a Dapol class 66 as they are dcc ready and all you need is a 6 pin dcc decoder.

hope this helps smile.gif

Archived