Bachmann 7F 53808

Aire Valley

Hi,

I seem to be unlucky with this loco as i have had to send back 3 of these loco's to various retailers.The problem is the valve spindles behind the cylinders,they are loose on both sides when they should be fixed into the cylinder.I have 53809 which runs perfectly well as both of the valve spindles are fixed into the cylinders.I have sent my latest 53808 to Bachmann who seem unaware of this problem,hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Anybody else having this problem with 53808.

Regards

The problem I have is that the rear driving driving wheels dont touch the rails, and despite running in for hours, it still runs with a limp !

Hi,

Thanks for reply,i know what you mean regarding the running.53809 seems to shuttle slightly a bit like the real thing when pulling loads.The wheels seem ok on the track but one has a slight wobble but nothing to bother about.

It's a shame little niggles spoil such an excellent looking model.

Regards,

I had to exchange my first delivery with the shop I bought it from. It was very jerky on running forward. Replacement is fine though. However, my supplier did mention that that he had several returned! I don't know how others view 53808 but for me it somehow feels less "chunky" and solid than 53806, 53809, and 53810 but it may just be a false impression. For an S&DJR modeller I am in 7F heaven - I had never ever thought I would see these locos produced RTR. And a lovely model it is too. Dare I look forward to the right-hand drive 53800-5 series? And 53807 with the original style smokebox saddle.?  Hope so - I would love a stud of all 11.

Archived