Ratio signals - operating?

The Ratio GWR 4-pack OO scale signal pack (# 466); can these be made (hand controlled) operational? Or, is this set "decorative" and one needs to buy the individual (home/distant) signals for an operating version?  If they can be made operational, please advise how.  Thank you.

• RMweb Premium

You can use the N scale signal operating kit by ratio. If you`re really clever it's possible to light the lamps too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ratio-250-Signal-Remote-Control-Plastic-Kit-N-Gauge-/400407554530?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d3a2669e2

The only drawback with this kit involves there being only one omega wire. I've tried making my own but with little/no success.

I have this Ratio kit and have built the first one as a single home, which I have working, I followed the instructions linking the signal arm to the balance lever with the wire supplied, you can then operate by moving the balance arm.

You will notice that the balance arm has an additional hole in it, you can put another wire from this through your baseboard to whatever form of operating mechanism you want, I have mine linked to a 'L' shaped crank connected to a rod that goes to the edge of the base board so the signal operates with a simple push pull movement from the baseboard edge.

Archived