Stimulating Simulation?

trisonic

In late 2011 I received a copy of Trainz Simulator MAC. For a variety of reasons (and thanks to the geysers at N3V in Australia) I finally loaded the thing on my Mac.

Now I'm no  "Gamer" - the last computer game I enjoyed was 360's "Harpoon" but this is pretty good.

One of the "Routes" is called "Harbor Master". I was thinking of  a small Mindheim type concept, what a mistake! This appears to have been designed by Shortliner after an acid trip and whilst taking speed....(sorry Jack!).

Imagine Brooklyn stretched to 100 miles long. Towering skyscrapers, urban grot to the utmost. Massive 1930's Soviet style warehouses and docks, a tight network of track both on the ground and elevated. Lifting bridges, Gantries, huge Hullet (sic) loaders, ships, trucks, other trains you name it.

It is a nightmarish vision of Orwell coupled with P.K. Dick (Bladerunner / Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep), oppressive. In other words fantastic!

Excuse me while I dwell there for a bit.................

Best, Pete.

I have 2 versions - neither of which I have ever loaded so they are still in their boxes. A small  scenario that is based on the prototype, and is  supposed to be good for switching type operations is  http://www.trainzproroutes.org/progressive.html

(though whether it will run on your Scottish computer I can't say)

EDIT to add

Of course if you want to do a Mindheim -  how about this

http://csxfloridatrainz.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks, Jack.

I'm wondering whether I can simulate the Layout plan that you sent me.

For good or bad this about what I'm getting on my Mac - without the apparent "juddering" of the video. My Mac whilst good is now 5 years old:

The clickety click sounds too British to me!

Best, Pete.

Jack, I just realized that the guy doing the Mindheim simulation is the same one who produced the above.....

Further he has got the same CSX advert on his blog that is also on my personal music sample site. I think they must search for CSX friendly sites to place their ads as I'm on the PR list...

Best, Pete.

You're probably right, Jack.

I'm trying to work the thing into "what we do" rather than the other way around - it could prove to be a useful tool.

Unfortunately it's all to easy to do what I did yesterday - run a BR125 from York to KX in real time - very enjoyable, alas!

Best, Pete.

Archived