Great Eastern Railway Society LNER and BR (E) CD's

HEATH STATION

As part of my railway interest and a break from the frustrations of trying to model a station that celebrates it's 50th anniversary of closure in March, I'm doing a bit of research on the personnel who worked at Heath Station on the GC main line in Derbyshire. After completeing a trawl of the Great Central Railway Journals I managed to get hold of, I learned that the GERS have both the LNER and British Railways staff magazines on DVD CD rom's. I bought 'em.

Aside from this being a terrific resource for people looking into railway personnel/genealogy, they are a tremendous window on the contemporary railway and at £15 plus postage per set a ridiculously cheap way to acquire these publications.

Aside from these research benefits, and also supporting the efforts of a Society in making these available, I have also to stand in awe of the Sales Officer, Barry Jackson for his immaculate customer service.

I commend anyone interested in the history of the LNER/ Eastern region to invest in these.

Dave Arnold

Well, as a GERS member for around forty years, I'd certainly endorse your comments!  Members can also buy scanned copies of the Society's Great Eastern Journal and Great Eastern News on DVD at bargain prices, while a similar DVD of the Great Eastern Railway Magazine (which carried on publication into LNER days, until succeeded by the LNER Magazine) is available to members and non-members alike.

Even when you have the originals (in my case, aside from the GERS magazines, a fairly long run of the BR (Eastern) Magazine inherited from my grandfather), the information is so much more accessible on disc.  All contain comprehensive indexes and guidance on how to search the files.

Archived