GWR Railcar

roythebus

Work is progressing well at the K&ESR on the 1940's AEC GWR Railcar. Since its move to the carriage workshops in mid 2009, work has proceeded at a rapid pace on needle gunning and steam cleaning the chassis; both bogies have been removed, stripped and rebuilt, and work progresses on the main bodywork. Rewiring is afoot, and new fans have been made for the engine.

Both engines have been started and need minor attention. Look at the K&ESR website for more details.

• RMweb Premium

Work is progressing well at the K&ESR on the 1940's AEC GWR Railcar. Since its move to the carriage workshops in mid 2009, work has proceeded at a rapid pace on needle gunning and steam cleaning the chassis; both bogies have been removed, stripped and rebuilt, and work progresses on the main bodywork. Rewiring is afoot, and new fans have been made for the engine.

Both engines have been started and need minor attention. Look at the K&ESR website for more details.

Look forward to seeing No. 20 on it's return to service; KESR certainly doing a grand job rebuilding it . What livery will it be repainted?

Talking KESR, I would love to see 1638 back in BR Black livery.

Look forward to seeing No. 20 on it's return to service; KESR certainly doing a grand job rebuilding it . What livery will it be repainted?

Talking KESR, I would love to see 1638 back in BR Black livery.

I entirely agree on both points. As to No 20, I'd be happy with one of the BR liveries as that's how I remember them and we already have a chocolate and cream example at Didcot. I've never been happy with the romanticisation (sp?) implicit in painting 1600s in GWR colours. Even though they are wholly a GWR design, they are post-nationalisation builds.

Nick

• RMweb Premium

I entirely agree on both points. As to No 20, I'd be happy with one of the BR liveries as that's how I remember them and we already have a chocolate and cream example at Didcot. I've never been happy with the romanticisation (sp?) implicit in painting 1600s in GWR colours. Even though they are wholly a GWR design, they are post-nationalisation builds.

Nick

I'd like to see No. 20 in Crimson & Cream (1st choice) and BR Green (2nd choice); can always dream?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived