Detailing part/projects for various modern rolling stock

Hi, as the title (vaguely - see my next post!) and subtitle suggest, I need to know how to get hold of detailing kits for the following:

Class 153 detailing parts (I have only one kit and can't source any others)
Class 156/158 detailing parts

Class 60/66/90/91/92 detailing parts
Network Rail track assessment cameras

Mk 3 detailing parts

Container flat detailing parts

I've seen various threads on detailing Mk 3 coaches and modern locos using parts from a Class 60 detailing kit but:

1) I have trouble finding a Class 60 detailing kit

2) I have trouble finding threads here on detailing these individual vehicles, and sin ome of the interesting threads I have read, the modeller doesn't always say where they got hold of any other materials used

Furthermore, I want to convert a Class 121 to bubble car into a Class 122 rail assessment car in Network Rail livery and I'm only stuck on getting hold of the end cameras.

Finally, what can I do to improve the old Hornby container flats?

I know this is a lot but if anyone can help me with at least one item on the list, I'll be very grateful.

Hi, as the title (vaguely - see my next post!) and subtitle suggest, I need to know how to get hold of detailing kits for the following:

Class 153 detailing parts (I have only one kit and can't source any others)

Class 156/158 detailing parts

Class 60/66/90/91/92 detailing parts

Network Rail track assessment cameras

Mk 3 detailing parts

Container flat detailing parts

I've seen various threads on detailing Mk 3 coaches and modern locos using parts from a Class 60 detailing kit but:

1) I have trouble finding a Class 60 detailing kit

2) I have trouble finding threads here on detailing these individual vehicles, and sin ome of the interesting threads I have read, the modeller doesn't always say where they got hold of any other materials used

Furthermore, I want to convert a Class 121 to bubble car into a Class 122 rail assessment car in Network Rail livery and I'm only stuck on getting hold of the end cameras.

Finally, what can I do to improve the old Hornby container flats?

I know this is a lot but if anyone can help me with at least one item on the list, I'll be very grateful.

Hi - are these parts you need for 00 guage? or for N guage?

NL

Okay, I have a specific issue regarding Mk3/3A/3B coaches.  Where can I get hold of parts for the roof-mounted air vents so I can convert Mk3 to Mk3A and vice versa?  Are there any etched brass or solid resin kits that supply roof ends?  I noticed that Southern Pride only do "roe-vac air vents".

In addition, Southern Pride do two sets of parts for restaurant cars:

Buffet / RSM / RFM Roof Vents Type A (Large)
Buffet / RSM / RFM Roof Vents Type B (Small)

What type of restaurant car would either of these kits suit?

Finally, how would you detail the Mk3 restaurant first class coach present in CrossCountry rakes?

For the record, I have many Mk3a coaches by Jouef which I want to run with HST (especially with the BR blue HST) sets so I want the larger vents on the roof ends, but I also have a rake of coaches for a loco-hauled Virgin Trains service so if there was a way to attach Mk3a roof ends, I'd do it as these coaches will ONLY run with the loco-hauled rake.

On the other hand, I plan on using 4xSO and 2xFO Swallow coaches with both the HST sets and the WCML sets.  I will probably keep the coaches as they were originally as both HST and Mk3A/B coaches bare so many strong similarities (though I will attach B10B bogie sides to the BFO/RFM in the loco-hauled rake), and I might as well retain the buffers.

Archived