MOD KFA Bogie wagon

richard60098

Hi gents,

Can anyone help? I'm modelling the KFA MOD Bogie wagons and don't know which red to spray the boxs?

Heres a link to the wagon with the boxs on http://www.flickr.com/photos/16412147@N08/8172584109/

Someone said Genstar red is good to use but its not available anymore! So any help would be much appreciated chaps.

Best Regards

Rich

Good evening gents,

Thankyou for the paint colours chaps much appreciated, thou i've got railfreight red here from Railmatch & Phoenix and both are very orangey! As i sprayed some BAA wagons with it and they look like Loadhaul livery next to Bachmann's red jobbys! So i'd be more inclined to go for maybe signal red or bufferbeam red as in the pic above it clearly shows the OCA in Railfreight red is a lighter orangey faded colour were as the boxs thou faded are still a deeper red.

Any more help on this would be great as i'm ready to start painting them but really not sure on the orangey railfreight red guys :scratchhead:

On the boxs Griff i have 12 here and yes i was going to scratch build them but after googleing the MOD wagons i stumbled across Wild Boar Models which does a resin MOD box so i've just bought them instead now to save a lot of messing about! They come with moulded on locking gear or plain without it i've bought the plain ones as i want to enhance the boxs by adding C-Rail locking gear for that better finish.

I'll add pics when there done but the paint colour still has me thinking on which to use?

Thanks

Rich

• 3 months later...

Hello again,

I'm now at the decal stage but my man who does them wants to know what it says under the "ADAMSON" white blue & sticker so he can get them right!

Also does anyone know what this Adamson is and how there connected to the Military?

Cheers.

Hello again,

I'm now at the decal stage but my man who does them wants to know what it says under the "ADAMSON" white blue & sticker so he can get them right!

Also does anyone know what this Adamson is and how there connected to the Military?

Cheers.

Adamson are/were a container manufacturer, based in Manchester, part of the Acrow Group. I recollect they built some of the early Freightliner containers. Here's a link to the site of someone who used to work there:-

http://everythingiknow.co.uk/containersweb/

Adamson are/were a container manufacturer, based in Manchester, part of the Acrow Group. I recollect they built some of the early Freightliner containers. Here's a link to the site of someone who used to work there:-

http://everythingiknow.co.uk/containersweb/

Hi Brian,

Thankyou very much for the link and info, thats an intersting read and good to know they were built in my home town too.

Best Regards,

Rich

This any use to you?

You surprised me with your description as an MOD KFA is a Warflat and not a Tiphook KFA Container Flat.

Excellent Brian thankyou very much,

And yes sorry i should of said MOD KFA Container know what you mean there chap.

Cheers again

Rich

Glad it's of use Rich, do you have all the other decals that are on these containers?

Yes thankyou couldn't ask for a better close up sir,

On the other details hes done everything on a sheet for me now ready to print from what links i've gave him online but if you have anything else that would be great as he likes to get everything spot on before printing them off especially as he'll probably make a page to buy these from once i've added them and said there ok.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived