Wrenn GWR fridge & tevan

Recently picked up a couple Wrenn fridge vans (left in the sun & badly discolored - NOT noted by e-bay seller!).  Anyway, will repaint & use Fox transfers.  I would like to replace the under framework & "old school flange" wheels.  As near as I can tell, the Ratio 560 "GWR/RCH 11 ft" framework kit looks the most appropriate.  However, as this forum has far better informed members than me, permit me to ask: what is the best way to improve these old Wrenn wagons?  Thanks.

There is a Diagram that is the right length (Mica A diaX9) but the roof detail and hoods on the end must go or cut just outside the doors to shorten. The lengths are 16ft and 17'6 so 6mm is more than a bit and shows as a 3mm overhang outside the wheelbase.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently picked up a couple Wrenn fridge vans (left in the sun & badly discolored - NOT noted by e-bay seller!).  Anyway, will repaint & use Fox transfers.  I would like to replace the under framework & "old school flange" wheels.  As near as I can tell, the Ratio 560 "GWR/RCH 11 ft" framework kit looks the most appropriate.  However, as this forum has far better informed members than me, permit me to ask: what is the best way to improve these old Wrenn wagons?  Thanks.

December 1999's British Railway Modelling has an article on the Micas which I found very useful. I hope this helps!

Archived