The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

iPad help

BlackRat

Mrs BR bought me one of those new tangled iPads for Chrimbo.

I need a bit of help with a couple of things........

1. I have to use my passwords etc every time I re switch it on, despite having the auto fill thingy set to on.

2. In Chrome, it doesn'tick up my current location even when I say it's ok to use my current one.

probably something simple (like moi) but any ideas?

Thanks........:)

Do you mean it prompts for a password when turning on the iPad(lock screen) or going into RMWeb. If the later try clearing cookies/data in Safari and/or Chrome settings. For location services in Chrome check again is setting Location Services if its turned on for Chrome or not.

Also have you updated your iPad to the latest version, if not settings/gemeral and software update will do so.

Don't use RMWeb on my iPad but will see if I have same issue as well.

Paul

Now tested in Safari on iPad and it saved my details without issue and allowed entry even after I restarted the iPad. Like any electronic device a occasional restart also my help I find. If you don't know this can be done by holding down the top button until a read power off slider comes up on screen.

• RMweb Gold

Check your Safari settings. Are you accepting cookies? I have mine set to visited sites rather than Never.

Location settings, I believe, need a good GPS signal. Perhaps it's just where you are in the house. Just a thought.

• RMweb Gold

If you dont mind resetting all of your visited sites you could try:

> settings

> safari

>scroll down and click advanced

> tap website data

> scrolldown and select Remove all website data

>confirm remove

When you next go to RMweb you should get the pop up about rmweb using cookies - tap ok to accept.

• RMweb Gold

Strange - that means all web site data has gone. 

Just a(nother) thought.  In the Safari settings have you got Private Browsing turned on?  If its on then safari won't store any of your data. This is to prevent others using your ipad automatically getting  to sites you would normally have to sign in to. If it is on try turning it off.

• RMweb Gold

Glad that we got there in the end. The fact that no web data at all had been stored was the clue.

Remember though, any one who goes on your iPad and goes to, say, RMweb will be logged on as you. It may not be an issue for you but is worth bearing in mind.

Archived