The Southern Look

21Alizard

Hi all,

After building many Western themed layouts for many years I am now going to build a BLT in Southern (LSWR - Withered Arm) to make any layout complete and to give its identity everything from signals down to the station lamps give a layout its region. I make no excuse for repeat postings because after trawling RM web I still can't find certain items, so can anyone help? 

The first elusive item is Southern pre-cast concrete station name boards in 4mm as used on the excellent layout St Merryn ?

The second is Dart castings LSWR/SR L95 swan neck station lamp http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/dart/L95.php which is unavalible ?

Any help on the above, I know questions have been asked on the SR concrete lamps but I like the LSWR swan neck again as used on St Merryn

Cheers

I have some cast white metal station signs of the type you are asking about but I cannot remember the source - it was too long ago that I purchased them. All I can suggest is to try the usual suspects that still exist, such as Dart Castings, Springside, etc., or look for older items from the likes of MOPOK which no longer exist.

I'd be inclined to check Ebay every two or three days, surprising sometimes what does turn up there. Make up a "saved search" which can usually help save time rather than trawling through pages of stuff you're not interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to look at Langley F84 which seems to look like the LSWR prototype.

Desc: "4 Twisted post swan neck station lamps with small underslung round globe.

Unpainted Kit"

for station lamps. They are however unlit and somewhat fragile. I purchased two packs for my Padstow layout some time back with extras for damage when moving things around on the platform as I only needed 3.

I have purchased the DC Concepts Swan Neck lamps (very expensive) but not yet tried to install them on my Padstow layout. They look somewhat over scale compared to the Langley lamps and do not ha ve the twisted post. DC Concepts also makes a twisted post lamp but not with a swan neck.

• 5 months later...

Archived