RSS - Casnewydd/Newport - There is no rest for the tired ones..

RSS Fetcher

At the moment it seems that everything is all go and work is quiet. so here I am with no time to do any more modelling. When I get home in the evening I have to do all chores before 9pm before I collapse in a heap on the floor and can't do anything which followed up with a bad nights sleep and a rolling snowball of tiredness! Luckily there is somthing that I get during my working day called Break time. This is where all the theory work (drawing/ head scratching/ Planning for Newport happens)

My job also generates a lot of scrap paper which I store for my daily doodles.

Todays doodle is the construction of H,G & D Boards (these are in sequence and would be labelled H1,G2,D3) which stand for Hillfield, Godfrey and Devon. to correspond with area/s roads which feature on Newport.

Luckily a perk of my job is we have a good quality scanner/photocopier which if asked can email people documents that you have scanned.

blogentry-7098-12555267437828_thumb.jpg

So here is my doodle,

Ok so I've pinched the idea slightly from the Baseboard on Ravensclyffe. However rather than having a lower deck for track. this area will be for controller/tea/beer storage or "safe space" also acts as protection for point motors and underboard gubbins. I've yet to design the legs which will proabley be fold out with adjustable feet on the bottom.

This will all slot inside a packing case per board to protect the lot - Another Idea pinched from Andi!

I run out of time at lunch today to complete board 4 (usk) - Which is the main reason for a two tier baseboard.

As mentioned previously on Old RMweb that the hillfield section of the layout will not only have a backscene but a front scene which will hide the backs of houses (and protect the layout from wandering hands!)

View the full article

Archived