Fellburn, Tyneside Electrics - a retrospective look.

Worsdell forever

Ian, it's the system that John Wass (Judge Dread) uses on his Southern region electric layouts and as Mike said it does blind you if you're not careful!

That's why you mount the unit in a place where it won't blind you, under a bridge if possible. Failing that, you paint over the piece of transparent plasticard I hope you have sealed the hole so as you can weather it's surface. It's amazing how much clart you can blather on and "The light still shines through. " Alleluia Brother Gallon"  :angel:

Edited by Judge Dread

• 4 years later...

Simon, the ES1 is scratchbuilt, I finished it just before the Judith Edge kit came out...  :angry: Enjoyed building it though.

I only once caught a brief glimpse of the quayside branch and a loco in the summer of 1957 from a Boat train en route to Tyne Commission Quay to embark on the Bergen Line "Venus". It had never occured to me until enjoying your beautifully pristine evocative model, that the branch would be both third rail as well as overhead.

We'd arrived at Newcastle Central via a suffocating trip around the Durham coast on a hot afternoon. The beaches were full of happy plogging Glaswegian holidaymakers - long before 'Get Carter' made the aerial coal waste tipping ropeways so sinister.

dh