Some advice for Lucy please

Guest Jim Read

Guest Jim Read

Tony (21C1) very kindly posted a link to Lucy's site: http://www.squarepiano.co.uk/index.html about Seccotine Glue. I ordered some and Lucy replied to my order with this email;

Dear Jim,

Yes, I am the main distributor of Seccotine in UK now. Its great stuff and ideal if you go wrong as you can just immerse in water for a while and glued pieces come apart leaving a clean joint. Mind you looking at the amazing models on the RMWeb it looks like you are all so precise that you probably don't go wrong! Other advantages are that the glue washes off parts or hands with water, unlike these modern glues.

Jim, I have been meaning to advertise in some model making magazines and wondered if you could recommend where would be the best place? I've invested in the Seccotine business as I find it invaluable for all sorts of applications and wanted to spread the word. Can you advise? is there a trade show that would be good to go to?

In answer to one of the members comments.... Yes, Seccotine used to be supplied in a tin tube with a pin at the end - but modern bottles are much easier to deal with and the plastic stoppers work better for airtight purposes. There is no best before date, so your glue will last indefinitely. However if you get as hooked using it as much as me you will be using it for every repair around the house and your bottle will be used up in no time!

My 10p worth - Eileens Emporium might be interested.

Cheers - Jim

Archived