Rover tickets

AMJ

Other than the option of getting a Benelux Interrail ticket are there any rover tickets available for just the Netherlands?

I have been onto the NS site and unless these are not showing on the English version do they do one?

Not as far as I can tell, I've just come back (yesterday! ) from using a 6day benelux interail and apart from the freezing cold, I had a really good time, saw a lot of interesting things and bashed a lot of track. There was last year a Benilux Tourail pass, that apparently did much the same - I bought one online, but was phoned up the next working day and refunded because that isn't available any longer!

Most Duch journeys now seem to be sold pre-pay on a chip-card somewhat like an oyster card - I didn't investigate the complexities of buying one as I new I'd be using the train so much that an interrail would be cheaper. It would seem that the dutch chipcards need to be seperately scanned in and out from each operator - so there was often a queue of passengers scanning out of NS, then into Arriva (or v/v) all the guards seem equiped with a card reader.

Jon

Archived