Mini-art Goods Shed kit

DonB

My grandson has decided against railway models, in favour of Aircraft model kits (and at just 12 he makes a pretty good fist of doing them!)

He is due to visit this week so I purchased the Airfix "Model World" mag. to give him, ...  but it seemed a shame not to peek.......

Looking inside I was surprised to see a review of the Mini-Art (ref 72023 @ £18.99)  goods shed, with a few wrinkles on finishing the plastic brick textured walls, where to show the mortar  lines a wash of mortar colour  is applied first, then the bricks coloured by rubbing with "Hard" crayon pencils (didn't know that a range of hardnesses was available in this type of pencil ! must research!). There are noticeable horizontal mismatches in the moulded brickwork sections, but it seems a good source for Kit-bashing. Could not see mention of this kit manufacturer in other posts here, but didn't do a search! 

Altogether I found the Mag an interesting read just to see a different take on model finishing (quite a lot of gloss!, heavy use of decals and super-detailing), and mention of paint manufacturers that I've not seen mentioned in RMweb. Oh, and obviously there are the equivalent to Rivet Counters in the Aircraft / War-game modelling world :jester:

72023.jpg

Edit to add picture

Archived