Paper model horsebox, busses, cars and trains.

Hi,

The following site has some useful looking papermodel downloads.

It includes busses, cars, a few trains and a paper model of a Dinky BR road horsebox including the cardboard box it comes in.

http://www.papercrafts.it/

"The Express Horse Box die cast model was introduced by Dinky toys in 1952. The real-world horseboxes were introduced in 1945, the bodywork built by Harrington on a Maudslay Marathon II bus chassis. Initially was used by the Southern Railways, then passed into British Railways ownership at nationalisation in 1948.

This paper model come in 1/2 scale (die cast is 1/48 scale) complete with repro of it’s original packaging."

The Horse Box is in a BR red Express Hire livery.

The models are available as free pdf downloads. If you find them useful you are invited to make a donation.

Each has a stated scale, (e.g. the cars are 1/35) so you can print it to a more suitable scale for your layout.

Many of the busses are British prototypes in various liveries.

There is also a VW Rail motor that looks rather neat.

Regards,

Chris Nicole

Black Hat

This paper model come in 1/2 scale (die cast is 1/48 scale) complete with repro of it’s original packaging

I think 1/2 scale is a bit big for me, I don't think I've got enough glue, and I haven't got anywhere to keep it :)

(Yes, yes, I know, half the size of the toy, but I couldn't resist.) Looks like a good site, it would be interesting to see people's results if anyone has a bash at one of these.

Cheers

Phil

Archived