Sprung Peco points

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I am currently working out how to arrange a triangular junction onto my test track. Traffic on the test track flows in one direction only, and I was wondering if it would be possible to construct this junction with just one set of "worked" points (the "exit" from the test track), the other two being unworked (the "entry" to the test track) and sprung (where the "entry" and "exit" tracks join). Since the test track has to handle DCC stock and also unconverted DC stock, the unworked trailing point is an insulfrog point with the "over-centre" spring removed. But I am having trouble figuring out how to do the sprung point.

Obviously the sprung point has to be trailed through with no derailments by stock as light as 25 grams (which implies removing the over-centre spring) and must have a spring attached which sets the switch-blades to one route when there is no wheelset holding it to the other. It should also be insulfrog, to ensure that the rails are powered at all times.

Has anyone done anything like this, and if so, how did you do it? Has anyone got any suggestions for how to do it? All suggestions welcome.

Archived