1st Class service from Rail Exclusives

BigAndy

I have been modelling since I were a lad, but have only recently moved into the field of DCC and sound.

I decided that the Zimo chips were by far and away the best for my chosen layout and the stock to run on it, so I have enthusiastically been buying sound decoders over the past two years or so, but have only recently plucked up the courage to fit them and get to know my NCE powercab.

Due to my inexperience, I recently managed to short out two Zimo 47 chips but with the help of Paul Chetter on here, managed to diagnose what I had done wrong.

Fearing the worst and thinking my £150 had gone up in smoke, I first contacted Digitrains ( who were brilliant in themselves ) and then spoke directly with Phil Sutton at Rail Exclusives.

Due to my decoders being out of warranty, Phil told me that for a smallish fee, they could be sent off to Zimo themselves, and providing I hadn't fried them beyond recognition, they would most probably be able to be re programmed. This would however take a couple of weeks.

I duly sent my two decoders down to Rail Exclusives in Peterborough and have just been absolutely delighted that my two 21 pin chips have been returned to me today, complete with Smart new packaging and instruction manuals. The RE 47 sounds are by far and away the best Brush representation on the market and the Zimo multidrive system is just fantastic.

I would just like to thank Phil and Jamie at Rail Exclusives for this superb service and only 1 and a half weeks after I posted the dceoders out to them.

I have no connection with Rail Exclusives other than a very satisfied customer and I can hardly wait for my two large logo Scottish 47's to arrive!

Phil has worked tirelessly for his customers, so that they may receive a first class product and contiues to do so.

The diesel/electric era side of the hobby is a much richer place for him, his company and the products they produce.

Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived