Modular 'excellence in control' CD101 (points controller)

terry.ecmr

I have an old item which is marked as per the topic description. It has a rotary knob marked with 6 positions (1-6) plus 2 push buttons, one marked 'straight' and the other 'curve'

On the side are 15 screw fixings  to connect wires(1-15).

Does anybody know how to wire this? Or does anybody have instructions?

Many thanks

Terry

Terry

Can't really help very much other than to say that from your description and the number of screw terminals this is as you say a point controller capable of switching 6 Peco or Seep type motors by means of an in built Capacitor Discharge Unit. The pushbuttons will be connected between one output of the CDU, and one each to the two poles of the 6 way switch (motor select) hence 12 connections (screw terminals). There will be one terminal for the other CDU output connection and 2 terminals for a 16V ac input to power the CDU, thus giving 15 terminals in total. Without taking the unit apart there is no easy way of determining which terminal is which.

I believe Roger Murray Colour Light Signals used to sell these - they certainly did sell the Modular transistor controllers (excellent bit of kit!) - I think Roger is a member here, and he recently sold the business, but to whom I can't remember. Perhaps you can find a link to him?

EDIT - here you are https://www.absoluteaspects.com/index.php/product-range/roger-murray-signals/5-roger-murray-signals

Edited by shortliner

• 8 years later...

A long time 'late' but I've just obtained one and had to work out the wiring. There are stupidly small numbers etch into the circuit board that show under the connectors on the outside of the body. However if you count from the top left hand side.

1 and 2 are 16v AC in.

with the selector set to 1, the black button works no 15 and the red button no 3

set 2 Black 14 Red 4

set 3 Black 13 Red 5

set 4 Black 12 Red 6

set 5 Black 11 Red 7

set 6 Black 10 Red 8

which leaves No 9 which is the return from all the point motors

9 is connected internally to 2

If you have to run it on DC which should work, connect DC positive to 1, DC negative to 2

Hope it helps someone

I should mention that it isn't just a selector, it is a Capacitor Discharge unit

Edited by Frank Sharp
spelling
  • Thanks 1