paint codes

Londontram

Ive turned my house up side down and I cant find my copy of London trams and how to model them - Iseem to recall that I lent it to some one at a local model railway club a few years ago but for the life of me cant remember who it was so its gone for good most likely. Any way I still need the nearest paint match for the LCC purple lake (aka brown) in ready avalable model paints if posable (In Norfolk we are at the end of the known universe so good model shops are a bit far and few between).but can some please scan the page in the London trams and how to model them book which lists all the company colours and if posable email it me. Thanks Steve

Ive turned my house up side down and I cant find my copy of London trams and how to model them - Iseem to recall that I lent it to some one at a local model railway club a few years ago but for the life of me cant remember who it was so its gone for good most likely. Any way I still need the nearest paint match for the LCC purple lake (aka brown) in ready avalable model paints if posable (In Norfolk we are at the end of the known universe so good model shops are a bit far and few between).but can some please scan the page in the London trams and how to model them book which lists all the company colours and if posable email it me. Thanks Steve

Page 50, Purple Lake - equal parts of Humbrol HR102 & HR144. Paint colours are only mentioned in the text after each model.

Good luck

Eric

Looking on the paint code charts the Humbrol authentic colours are no longer made under those codes but the conversion charts says they are now code number 60 Scarlet and 98 Chocolate in the matt chart so I'll give them a try and see how they mix up.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this film on another site (Classic vehicle site) shot in London in 1927 in colour the opening scene shows an LCC E1 turning off London bridge road into Tooley street in its original LCC colours, first time I've ever seen moving film of an LCC coloured tram shot in colour. The rest of the film is interesting and usefull for getting street details right and all the people seem to be walking at normal speed too which you dont see on films of this age but thats the only tram bit - lots of buses though.

http://vimeo.com/7638752

Archived