Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Bin there, done it, got the T shirt.

My attempts with old Robinson credit cards.

attachicon.gifst-pancras-station.jpg[/quote

Allan,

I presume that you meant that you used old Robinsons credit cards to stay at St Pancras.

Cheers

Actually no, he's not quite as big a spender as to afford a night in the St Panc but  by next week there might be enough to build the train she as I heard that there's a rush on fire cement in Mid Wales and I think I know who is responsible.

Cheers.

Allan.

WALL TEXTURE TEST 004.JPG

when I was a student, i had a carpet that looked like that.... 

Having bought a house this summer which had been let out before we took possession and which has a carpet identical to this I'm now wondering when Allan broke in and where he cut the patches from.  I thought someone had moved the newspaper rack... 

Right, Tintagel Post Office, first half done, yet to finish chimney and I've discovered a brilliant way of working fire cement around chimney stacks - Stay tuned folks, coming up later !

Because of the complex dimensions it made sense to build the building in two halves then bring them together as a whole when complete.

It means extra work but what the hell, I've got all day and most of yesterday !

I've finished the roof in red tile which wasn't intentional but I had run out of Colron Light Oak and used Antique Pine instead but hey, it's only a model and who really cares anyway !

However, I've shown the second picture in black and white which looks more nearer the mark.

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-83904900-1390573227_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-46195100-1390573211_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-86829300-1390573187_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-18444400-1390573175_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-64984300-1390573163_thumb.jpg

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 5

Since you nick all my ideas Robinson that means you haven't either !!

Cheers Mate, the next half will slay yer !

Allan

Phew...thought I had perhaps gone a bit too far there :whistle:  It is looking great, of course. ..slinks back underground...

cheers,

Iain

Come on Iain credit where credits due, it's pretty impressive that after all these years Allans just as good as he always was.Same techniques, same impressive results.

Fair do's, Iain...I agree. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now (earning £8 a page) if it wasn't for big Al. And he's still a force of nature in the modelmaking world!

cheers,

Iain

Fair do's, Iain...I agree. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now (earning £8 a page) if it wasn't for big Al. And he's still a force of nature in the modelmaking world!

cheers,

Iain

And you ain't so bad yourself ol' buddy - If the Oil Industry allow you to rip 'em off, as does every Shiek in Wales, Wigan and Dubai, then that alone must tell you something - copying me paid off !!!!!

No, seriously mate, you're the force to be reckoned with around here, you and Peter Leyland.

These days I'm just a runner up who's trying to get everyone to make a stone press !

Cheers mate.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 1

You're building out of focus again, surely an article on that technique is worth more than £8 a page!

No technique Mully, it's all automatic with the wifes girlie pink camera !

Anyway, they're better than the one's in focus and it's a trick I learnt from Robinson.Check his picture out, the only thing that's not out of focus is his wallet !

Cheers.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes

Allan

Great modelling on the mill (as usual) and far be it for me to find fault with the master's work but I can't help noticing there appears to be a gap between the bottom of the walls and the water on both sides. Are you planning to put some weeds along there to help hide the gaps?

Richard