"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

• RMweb Premium

The foreground will look brilliant if you copy Allan's method of producing water, plus you need to take it back aways, before trying other techniques for the white water. Do please pop up lots of pictures

I will do, but it could be a little while, there's a few things to do first. (Including looking again at some of your work...). The next but one project is a marsh scene, so I will probably have some spare water from that to play with. I have some of Greenscene's white water sheet and am planning to do some experiments. I picked the wrong usename, I should have called myself the Mad Scientist! 

• Like 1

Love the little leaves in the green stuff. Can I ask Allan what is the mix for the spong?

Terry

Hi Terry.

The sponge is Hornby medium spring green mixed with neat PVA.

The little leaves are NOCH LEAVES but you try and get 'em !

I ordered 6 boxes from ON TRACKS THREE WEEKS AGO!! and no luck, so I cancelled the order then ordered it rom Gaugemaster and gues what? they  didn't have any either and you can't order it from NOCH cos they havn't got  an online shop !!!! 

Cheers.

Allan

The White Rabbit, on 01 Mar 2014 - 09:10, said:

For a comparison of colours:

attachicon.gifNoch leaf comparison.jpg

I know the light green is currently unavailable from Gaugemaster, but I think the other three are, I know I got what I ordered...

Hi WR.

I think every single railway modeller on the planet, including those in Outer Mongolia, are ordering Nock Light Green Leaves by the truck load and Nock are working 24/7 to meet demand - except for mine of course where "Ich canst gehen nacht Hell" !!!! but spelt properly !

Cheers.

Allan

• Like 1

I don't think it's fair Allan taking all the credit!! What about the 50 or so elves who must be helping? :) For fifty years I still don't know how he does it. What's next another cathedral in a week? :)

Seriously good modelling Allan, but then we would expect nothing less. I'll pop back tomorrow and see the finished village....

Just one question Allan. How do you work at that speed and still keep all your fingers? :)

Regards,

Terry

.....Just one question Allan. How do you work at that speed and still keep all your fingers? :)

Regards,

Terry

Actually Terry that's quite a good question and I should have warned that using fire cement without gloves it will take the skin off and split the ends of your fingers.

So, wear the missus's washing up gloves guys !!

Cheers.

Allan

Allan, Love those windows and doors! Very elegant.

Scalelink. Cat No - SLFO16 the smaller windows.

The sheet carries: 4 X ARCHED @ 42mm high x 16mm wide - 4 X 42 X 16mm - 8 x 24 x 16mm - 4 x 16mm square and all the arched/straight brick headers.

Scalelink. Cat No - SLOF15 the larger windows.

This sheet carries carries 4 X ARCHED @ 54mm high x 24mm wide - 4 x 38mm high x 24mm wide. The brick headers for these are available on a seperate sheet.

All Scalelink windows are complete with a main window surround and locating tabs but I 'bulk' them up with an even extra main surround with 1mm square section outer trim. 

Cheers

Alan.

Will have to try the fire cement, not sure how it will pan out in n gauge. If it's a quarter as good I will be very pleased. Would have a go at a blacksmiths but n gauge horse shoes are a bit scary.

Regards,

Terry

So, it's all tiled out and the blacksmith can now start doing what blacksmiths do cos his shop is all fitted out and ready to rock 'n' roll ! - bring in the dobbins, yay !

Before you mention it, the drainpipes and chimney head yet to do.

What it needs is water, must have water, gonna fit water in somehow, but where.....?

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-59800600-1393948816_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-30553100-1393948828_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-01702800-1393948841_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-42537900-1393948852_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-04817100-1393948874_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-86683900-1393948889_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-78013700-1393948905_thumb.jpg

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 2