Slaters o gauge 6 wheeled

glenng

HELP as a total novice in kit building I need some information please has anyone built the Slaters o gauge 6 wheeled MR/LMS Brake Third coach how easy are they to build I ask as I am a novice and have never built one? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have one that i gave up on. I have built a few Connoisseur models Coach Kits, one of each actually, but i found the Slaters one quite fiddly, with plastic less forgiving than Brass. But that's just my opinion. Lot's of small parts that i found really difficult to bond, with mekpak. I much prefer soldering. Is there a Metal alternative?

Guest Isambarduk

It may be similar, I don't know, but I have built the full brake and I found it quite straight forward, well detailed but able to accommodate more without any difficulty.

post-5428-0-10987300-1368309488.jpg

I’m quite happy to answer questions if I can.

David

aka DLOS

It may be similar, I don't know, but I have built the full brake and I found it quite straight forward, well detailed but able to accommodate more without any difficulty.

attachicon.gifMR_FullBrake02s.jpg

I’m quite happy to answer questions if I can.

David

aka DLOS

How did you do the lining on that brake van?  It looks fantastic!

Guest Isambarduk

Thank you, Mike

I used a pen that I made myself, Bob More-style, from a fine eye syringe needle a year or so before he came out with a very similar fine version himself.  The linesd are all straight so they were relatively easy to do with only little fettling with a brush required.  Is that enough of an explanation?  If not I can easily elaborate, just ask away.

I do have a Haff bow pen and a pair of compasses, as recommended by Ian Rathbone, with which I have practiced and practiced but I am still not as competent with them as I am with the Bob More lining pen.

David

aka DLOS

Archived